Saturday, January 29, 2011

I remember now...

I remember now why I love (parts) of the Sunshine Coast just as much as the Gold Coast.
We went up to Noosa/Sunshine Beach today for lunch and a trek around.

Noosa River

Markets by the River

The weather fined up and we had lunch at this hip little place at Sunshine Beach. We have been on a few holidays there over the years. I love the small beach town vibe, the natural beauty and how it has quietly become trendy, minus the Hastings St crowds ;-) It's only 5mins from Hastings St but you wouldn't know it. I could have eaten basically everything on their menu - yum.

The view from Dukes

The Sunshine Beach preferred method of transport.. motorised (yes it had a motor) skateboard

Beach piccies

My outfit:
Dress: made by me. The top half is a cut-up vintage dress - the lower half had stains and I thought I could still make the most of the pretty green top half. The fabric for the bottom half & waist tie is from Spotlight. This was my first DIY dress so I'm miles form being an expert but I thought it turned out alright! I kept the tie's edges raw (mainly because I hadn't got around to hemming it yet) but I think I actually like it this way.
Handbag: vintage
Bracelet: lavish homewares @ Gabba
Ring: two finger ring from YTBA.com
Sunglasses: ray ban
Silver Flats: witchery (yep, Witchery flats are pretty much my summer staple)

Wow... feet!

2 comments:

  1. You're so clever, I have a sewing machine and don't know how to sew :/

    I go to Dukes every time I'm at the Sunny coast <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lovey....!!

    I hope this note finds you well....!!

    I'm a little GREEN down here in VIC reading about your day in Noosa or GODS Country as I've heard it referred to....Your pics 'paint' a very inviting image of serenity.... :o) !!

    Love....LOVE....L-O-V-E your dress combo & am more than a little GREEN at your sewing skills....Like Amanda....I too have a sewing machine & don't know HOW to use it OR sew for that matter....HOPEFULLY now, I'll have time to learn.... :o) !!

    Here's hoping you're having a WONDERFUL week....!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete